Personal Injury

Mark Wilson Law works with people who have been hurt as a result of someone else's negligence. Here are some examples of the types of personal injury cases:

What to do and not to do following a car accident:

We do not recommend giving a statement to any insurance adjuster without first talking with your attorney - Here's why...

Many times, the insurance adjuster will try to talk with someone immediately following a collision. Inevitably, the person will tell the adjuster that they are not hurt, feeling fine and able to walk safely away from the scene of the collision, but wake up the following day feeling like they have been run over by a train. The adrenaline has worn off and they begin to feel the pain and notice the swelling of their soft tissues.

Although it is always important to cooperate with law enforcement at the scene, your health is our number one concern, and it is important to realize that most folks who are hurt do not always feel the pain right away due to the surge of adrenaline going through their system right after a collision. Try to take photographs of your vehicle and any other vehicles involved, take photos of the scene, and make note of any witnesses who may be present. Avoid making any statements to the other drivers unless absolutely necessary for everyone's safety, and when you file a claim - we do not recommend talking with any insurance adjusters until you have been seen by your health care providers and talked with an injury attorney.

Remember this - In Oklahoma vehicle owners are REQUIRED BY LAW under Title 47 Section 7-103  to carry a “Motor Vehicle Liability Policy” more commonly known as ‘car insurance' on their automobile of not less than $25,000.00 to cover bodily injury when they hurt someone, or $50,000.00 when they hurt two or more persons.  The car insurance covers collisions arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of a vehicle subject to registration under the laws of Oklahoma.

In other words, if you are in a collision, and it is not your fault, the other driver and/or vehicle owner is supposed to have insurance to cover your damages- to make sure you get the help you need to get well and to fix your vehicle. Most of the time your health insurance will work with the health care providers and then the at-fault drivers insurance will subrogate or pay back your health insurance for any amounts paid out due to the accident.

Contact us and we will be happy to review your information, and help you through the process of injury recovery - the first consultation is free with absolutely no-obligation. 405-525-1900.


Wilson logo white

Call us today at (405) 525-1900. We are available to come to you or set up a time for you to visit with us either in person or virtually at our Oklahoma City office. We look forward to hearing from you!


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.